Serendipity Experience 87: A Splash of Scandinavia

5:18 PM



My Dala Horses


We recently returned from a wonderful trip through Scandinavia. Whist in Sweden I bought these gorgeous little Dala horses.

Lene Bjerre Rocking Horses

Prior to my trip I was unaware of how popular the dala horses were in Sweden. Living in times when every thing is so mass produced, It was fabulous to see that so many of these horses are still being handcrafted even today.


Dala Horses from Tone & Tone Antiques

I just love the simple lines and natural tones of Scandinavian design and now I want an entire  collection of these gorgeous horses.

Dala Horses from Silly Jilly
I think what I enjoy most about travelling is the unexpected joy of new discoveries and experiences that we bring home with us.

Linking with   Sorted with Style A Picket Fence & Feathered Nest Friday

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. sounds like a great trip. i'd love to go.. love scandinavian style a lot!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Simone, I am so glad to see you back..I had wondered what adventure you were on...love the horses..they have such a quiet charm...thanks for coming over to say hi, I have been having lots of fun with the new paint color in the house and
    Re arranging things❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to see you my friend. Sounds like you had a wonderful trip..

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never seen dala horses before. I'm really liking them. Maybe need to add trip to Sweeden to my list?

    ReplyDelete
  5. fantastic! looks like you had a wonderful time and came back with lots of wonderful things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your dal a Horses are delightful! Even more so knowing they are handcrafted and hopefully not in China. A wonderful memento of you trip away.

    ReplyDelete

var uid='dad2dddf'; var LinkExclusions=''; var TargetOptionID=1;

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images